Back to 'About My Class...'
Mermaid & Mermaster Experience - £45
This is a 1.5 hour long experience to visit Merkingdom. These sessions will take place in a swimming pool with a qualified Mermaid Instructor. During the session apprentice Merpeeps will learn about tail care, safety mermaid skills, the basic mermaid movements, partake in mermaid games and challenges and take a few photos or videos to help capture the memory.
All equipment including monofins and tails are provided by Mermaid Cove Academy
Safety of our Mermaids and Mermen is of utmost importance and so all participants must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Be a minimum of 6years old
- Swim 25 metres comfortably with your face in the water
- Be able to submerge their face fully whilst swimming
- Be able to tread water in both shallow and deep water
- Be able to lift their knees and turn 360degrees in both directions
- Be able to demonstrate a basic dolphin kick for 5 metres
Please watch the following video to ensure participants meet the Safety criteria: https://youtu.be/cUviQ_7-1OE
**Participants will undertake the water safety test at the first Academy session. If the participant is unable to complete the safety test they will be unable to continue with the Mermaid Academy Programme. To avoid Apprentice Meerpeeps being disappointed please ensure they can undertake the prerequiste safety swims**